Every cute little baby needs to have a diaper bag. I know for the first couple months I over packed our diaper bag and packed a lot of extremely unnecessary things. So, to ease up on your back and shoulder while carrying the heavy bag, plus, your baby, let’s discuss the necessities. With Caroline, I got a beautiful, decent sized diaper bag. It was stylish and could even look like a larger purse. It held a LOT.
We also got Dave a “Daddy” backpack diaper bag. We used the backpack diaper bag when we went to Florida as it was easier to travel with and easier to handle as a backpack rather than a large bag. When we got back from vacation, I never switched back to the original, Mommy, stylish bag. Dave’s backpack bag was so much more functional for us. It definitely isn’t as pretty, but, it is perfect for what we need. Dave tends to grab it more often too, now that it’s more manly. Haha. Whatever works to get him to continue helping!
This post contains affiliate links that if you use, I may make a small profit from, at no extra cost to you.
Top 12 Diaper Bag Necessities
- Diapers- obviously you need diapers. But, I have to add this in here because, honestly, I’ve almost left the house without adding extra diapers back in after a busy day the day before. We have ordered ours on Amazon to make sure we always have enough. They also have a subscribe and save feature! Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
- Wipes- silly, but, I have to say this. Read my info for number one. Can I tell you how many times we have needed wipes for things other than wiping our child? It’s hilarious how much we need them now. Our diaper bag is super awesome and has an external pocket for wipes so they are at easy access.
- Changing pad. So, I can’t tell you how many places I’ve been that don’t have a diaper changing station. Family restaurants are notorious for NOT having them or if they do- they’re broken. It’s a pain in the butt. I’ve changed my daughter on the sink vanity before because I’ve walked into a bathroom thinking they’d have something to change her on and BOOM, nothing. We have had to take her out to the car to change her and I have even changed her in a booth seating area before. I was really annoyed because the place had a station, it was just broken and had been broken for months. The place was not busy, we were the only one in there. So, I changed her laying next to me and since I always have wet wiped and a little pack of clorox wipes, I just wiped the seating area after. Our back pack and diaper bag actually came with a little changing pad
- Wet wipes to wipe your hands. Like I just stated, I also take a mini packet of Clorox Wipes just in case. Get your Disnfect Wip 9ct Travel Pk Lem
- Formula- in the travel packs for us because we have to keep it chilled- or powder formula if you use that. If they’re past the formula stage, replace this with food and feeding container/Silverware
- Bottle / Sippy Cup
- Extra Outfit
- Extra Bib
- Burp Cloth
- We always keep a blanket on Caroline in the car seat, weather appropriate. Sometimes, if we don’t need it immediately, I toss it in the bag
- Extra Pacifier
You can always add anything else that you’d like. We just tried to keep it simple. I have a hard time finding a balance with our diaper bag because I want to make sure I have extra of everything but then I end up seriously over packing and sometimes it doesn’t even want to zipper because I have jammed so much in there. DON’T DO THAT 😉 lol.
Favorite Baby Shower Gifts
Free Shipping Over $100 at Janie and Jack!
***This post contains links that if you use them and buy a product, I may make a commission- at no cost to you! I only supply links to products that I use or would use myself. Just want you to know! It helps this blog grow at no cost to you!***