I found this sweet chili sauce I picked up a week or two ago and decided I’d make something with it. That sauce made me think of a cross between the sweet chili sauce we get with coconut shrimp at our favorite sushi restaurant and the bang bang shrimp we LOVE to get at Bonefish Grill.
So, I decided I’d create my own masterpiece that I’m calling Bang Bang Chicken Pasta. It’s less of a kick than Bonefish’s Bang Bang Shrimp but we really liked it. This was a simple prep, quick cook time and turned out quite yummy.
This post may contain affiliate links that if you use, I may make a profit from at no extra cost to you
Also, for those mama’s that are dairy and soy free (learn more about MSPI Here), this is a dairy and soy free recipe. Check your brands of sauces and sriracha mayo that you buy to make sure it is fine though! What I used from our kitchen was in the clear! I checked our labels and was happy to see that it could be considered DF/SF if mama’s need it to be. The Just Mayo Sriracha sauce is Non- GMO, egg free, dairy free and gluten free!
Bang Bang Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- parsley for garnish if wanted, chopped
- dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to cook chicken with
- package of pasta amount you desire
- 3/4 to 1 cup Just Sriracha Mayo by Hampton Creek
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- In a saute pan over medium to high heat, heat a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the garlic and cook until you can smell it. Once you can smell the garlic, add the diced chicken and cook it until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and lightly browned.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the box
- While the pasta cooks, you can make the sauce.
In a bowl, whisk together the Sriracha Mayo, Honey, Sweet Chili Sauce and Lime Juice until blended.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and return to pot.
- Add chicken to cooked pasta and pour about half the sauce in with them. Stir it all together.
Heat the other half of the sauce in the microwave if desired. We just used it room temperature and enjoyed it.
- Plate the pasta, chicken and sauce and pour the remainder of the sauce top of each serving
- Garnish with Parsley if desired and ENJOY
Dave and I really enjoyed this dish. You could make this over rice if you prefer that over pasta. Let me know what you think!