Have you been looking for a fun Christmas Craft for the Kids? Try this super simple, super fun Christmas Tree Straw Craft.
This craft idea will get your kids and family in the holiday spirit and it’s a fun homemade gift to give to family and friends.
This is an EASY craft for kids and it only takes about 10 minutes. No hours of crafting or frustrated kiddos here. Just a fun and quick craft idea for the holidays.
Christmas Tree Paper Straw Craft Materials:
- 1 jumbo wooden craft stick
- Red acrylic craft paint
- Craft paint brush
- Red craft jute twine
- Paper straws in red, white, and gold
- Snowflake sticker
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Paper plate
Christmas Tree Craft Directions:
- Grab your large wooden craft stick and place it on the paper plate. Using your paint brush, paint the craft stick with your red paint. Let dry completely before moving to the next step.
- Remove the backing from the snowflake sticker, and place it at the top of the painted stick.
- Grab your first paper straw and cut a piece slightly wider than the width of the craft stick. Then glue that piece right below the snowflake sticker. Go ahead and repeat this process with different color paper straws, cutting each festive paper straw slightly wider than the previous one, and then gluing to the craft stick. Keep going until the last straw is about 1 inch above the bottom of the craft stick. Let everything dry completely.
- Next, cut a piece of red twine approximately 10 inches long. Fold it in half, and then tie a knot at the bottom. Flip the red painted craft stick over, and glue the knotted end of the red jute twine to the top of the stick (right behind the snowflake sticker).
- Once dry, your Christmas Tree is ready to be hung! It makes a great ornament.
Pro Tip: I painted two coats of red on the craft stick to make sure I had full coverage before moving on to step 2.
Step by Step Direction Images for Paper Straw Tree Holiday Craft
I hope you and your kiddos had fun making this Christmas Tree Straw Craft Ornament!
Share your images in the comments and let me know if you used yours as a learning craft, handmade gift, Tree Ornament, or other things.
Other Kid Crafts:
Pin for Later