So, I’m finally sharing my family recipe for home made Mac N Cheese. This is actually a recipe that my mom used over the years. She started making it for family holiday get togethers and now it is almost a requirement for her to bring it to any events. It’s very rich, creamy and delicious. The fat girl in me feels like I could eat the whole tray in one sitting but the reality girl inside of me knows that I shouldn’t do that. Let’s get to the yummyness.
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 pounds of Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Large 32 ounce block of Velvetta Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 stick of Margarine or Butter
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- Salt to taste
- Boil the macaroni according to directions on the box. Drain the pasta and rinse out the pot to make the cheese sauce in.
- Melt the stick of butter/margarine on medium to high heat.
- Add in the evaporated milk and stir constantly.
- Cut the loaf of Velvetta into small blocks and add them to the pot. Melt the blocks and stir constantly.
- Add in the cheddar cheese when the Velvetta is almost all melted.
- Salt to taste and add some regular milk to sauce if necessary, if it is too thick.
- Combine sauce and pasta together and enjoy!
Now you have our family recipe that is to die for! I made it this past weekend for a family game night and it was a hit for kids and adults.
It’s super rich, creamy anddddd a ton of delicious calories ☺️ Life is too short to worry about the calories 24/7! Feel free to make it for your next big holiday event! I know it will be at our Easter Family Dinner Feast. Mom will make plenty so we all have leftovers too, yummy!