Have you been craving those adorable Mickey Mouse Gingerbread treats?? Don’t worry guys, we’ve got ones you can make at home!
We all know 2020 has been the year of crazy. If you haven’t been able to make it back to Disney World during Christmas, don’t lose all the Christmas cheer. We’ve got these easy Mickey Gingerbread that would be a great Christmas Tradition to start making with your family.
Disney World closed for a bit and as of the week of Thanksgiving in 2020, Disneyland is still closed due to the rising cases of sickness going around. It’s crazy to think about. And can you imagine all the treats we’ve missed out on.
Let’s get started with these adorable and fun Mickey Mouse Treats!
Mickey Mouse Gingerbread Cookie Instructions
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or your stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until it’s creamy and smooth (takes about 1 minute).
- Add brown sugar and molasses to your bowl and mix on medium speed until everything is fully combined.
- Next, beat in eggs and vanilla on high speed (takes about 2 minutes).
- In a different bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together.
- Then mix those dry ingredients into the large bowl with butter mixture on a low speed (the dough will be thick and slightly sticky)
- Next, divide the dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap as tightly as possible.
- Pat the wrapped dough down flat on the counter.
- Chill the dough for at least 3 hours (chilling in fridge is required or it won’t turn out correctly)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non sticky cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of flour on your counter or work surface and your rolling pin. Then remove the dough from the plastic wrap and lay it on your floured counter.
- Using your rolling pin to roll out the dough so it’s about ¼ inch thick and cut your gingerbread cookies out.
- Place cookies about an inch apart on the baking sheet lined or sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes (smaller cookies need less time, larger cookies need more time)
- Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
To Decorate Gingerbread Mickey Cookies
- Melt candy melts in piping bag so you’re ready to decorate. Start by Outlining the cookie with white candy melts and add a swirly line to each arm and leg.
- Make 2 triangles facing inwards using the red candy melt to outline the shape of the bow and then fill it in.
- Then take the green candy melts and make 2 buttons just below the red bow.
- Using the brown candy melts, make the eyes in a the shape of a vertical oval and the nose, creating a horizontal oval. Then make the smiley face topped with the red candy melts to make bushing cheeks.
- Share them with friends and enjoy!
Visual Instructions for Mickey Mouse Gingerbread Cookie Treats
Some steps were not photographed, but they’re easily understandable above 🙂