So, here’s my first attempt at my own new dinner recipe. It has some needs for tweaking but it wasn’t bad for my first try venturing away from the cookbook. Dave liked it and took leftovers for work the next day so it passes in our book!
Tomato Spinach Pasta Recipe
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces (give or take) spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 handful of mozzarella shredded cheese
- sprinkle Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt, pepper and basil leaves to taste
- However many servings of pasta you plan to cook for
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box and drain
- In a medium sauce pan add the cans of diced tomatoes (ours had garlic and olive oil already mixed in the can), on medium heat
- Stir in the spinach, garlic and red pepper flakes
- Toss in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- Add the pasta into the sauce and stir it well together
Enjoy! We also made Sister Schubert Rolls as a side because— well, what’s pasta without bread?!