Looking for the perfect crunchy, smooth and sweet summer holiday dessert? Try out this Strawberry pretzel salad! It’s perfect for the hot summertime parties. Strawberry pretzel salad is a delicious pool side dessert, snack or potluck treat to take to your next event or party.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounce whipped topping
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 ounce strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 10 ounce fresh strawberry
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Cut up your strawberries in to halves (you can cut up more if desired) and cut the tops off.
- Crush your pretzels and mix them with the melted butter and sugar on the bottom layer of the pan.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the pretzel layer is lightly toasted. Let it cool on the side.
- While that is cooling, whip the cream cheese, whipped topping and sugar together in a bowl.
- Smoothly layer out your topping mixture across the pretzel layer. Make sure the fluffy topping gets all the way to the edges of the pan and doesn’t leave any openings to the pretzel layer beneath. You don’t want your jello layer to leak through and cause soggy pretzels!
- Make the strawberry jello according to the directions on the box up until the jello needs to be taken off the heat and instead of putting it in a container and putting in the refrigerator…. you need to add the cut strawberries in the jello mixture and add jello layer on top of the whipped topping layer.
- Then you can put the whole pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to make sure it all sets properly.